Thursday, May 7, 2020

Introduction and foreword

Hi!

I'm Rhodi, also known online as miqv44 here and there. But who I am is not important, what I do also isn't but You're here for a reason so lets get down to it:

I'm a guy that is trying to make sense of Dragon Ball powerlevels.

Yes, it's stupid, but it's a hobby of mine for the past 12 years and I've been known on Polish websites covering Dragon Ball years ago. My original power level list wasn't accurate when we considered canon multipliers for a few reasons, the main one being the Super Saiyan multiplier.
I never considered *50 to be correct- too many times we see saiyans in their base forms fighting much stronger opponents, one example is base Vegeta trying to stop Kid Buu and getting punched. He's about 400 times weaker than Kid Buu in his base form so I would expect him to explode from one punch like that.

But that's an old story, people online are obsessed with canon and accurate power levels. While I cannot say these are canon I'll be doing my best to present to You as accurate power levels as possible in the upcoming posts.

I'll be using the official (?) multipliers and aside of some posts where I discuss certain subjects how these multipliers should look these will be fixed. So Super Saiyan is always *50 base power, Super Saiyan 2 is always *2 Super Saiyan power etc.

My plan is to first post a few discussion posts before going for the raw powerlevels, so that it's not one big mess where there's a ton of talking about powerlevels along with powerlevels. I also don't know if you can pin a post to the top of the page on blogger, so I'm trying to leave the top of the blog for the list.

3 important informations left to say:

1. I don't profit from this. This is a hobby and something that I do to sleep well at night. I don't plan to profit from this in any shape or form. If the blog gets 10 views- that doesn't bother me. If the blog gets 100,000 views - cool, I'm glad that apparently people enjoy it, I don't profit from views.

2. This will be MANGA CANON ONLY . The anime, as creators said in the interviews , was build with 'rule of cool' in mind. The creators didn't care about power levels and powerscaling and oh boy does it show, every dragon ball fan knows that Dragon Ball Super is extremely inconsistent in power levels.
That being said Akira Toriyama and other people responsible for the manga also don't give it enough thought, but manga fixes some of the problems shown in the anime.
Therefore for me manga is the canon here, although I'm aware that the movies are supposed to fit both manga and anime canon. Also there was an incomplete manga about ressurection of Frieza that covers the movie and I will treat it (and the movie) as manga canon too.

3. All questions and suggestions are welcome. It's an ever evolving project and I have no problem changing some things when I hear decent argumentation.
HOWEVER it's easy to point a finger and say that one piece of this puzzle doesn't fit correctly and should be changed. It's hard to change that piece and keep the puzzle intact without breaking everything.
I'm painfully aware that some of these numbers could be better but I'm trying to keep all the multipliers intact and sadly I need to cheat in some cases. Don't worry though, I'll do my best to explain every case.
When making suggestions please make sure Your suggestion doesn't fix one issue while creating others, I have no problem making this power level list a group project as long as everyone involved has fun.

I'd like to thank now one person that inspired me into making it - PlagueOfGripes. He kept making a very successful videos talking about Dragon Ball which reignited my passion for trying to make powerlevels work no matter how stupid it is.

Thank You all for reading and see You very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dragon Ball Super powerlevel list (manga based)

After a few posts of talking about transformations, fusions and characters we can start listing some powerlevels. This post is a work in pro...